ZUEEUZ.blogspot.com


Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Party's Over


My sister and her husband visit is over and they left for their home in northern Illinois in the wee hours this morning.  I got up to say good bye but then went back to sleep for a few more hours.  Having most of our family in the beautiful mid-west we've made similar trips many times, it's a looong day!.   


Their visit coincided with Round Top on purpose, but we did have some other fun in the sun.  We had a couple nights grilling and swimming in the pool.  One afternoon we rented a boat on Lake Travis.  And of course we enjoyed plenty of rita's all around.


 My sister and brother in law.


Felling a little wind blow in the back of the boat.


My Mr. Wonderful at the wheel.



  My sister and I spent 2 days around the Round Top and Warrenton areas.  The first morning was cooold, not what my sister came down for!  But I'd rather have a little cold weather than sweltering heat.  It took us a while to get in the groove but by the time we were out of time, we were also out of cash and space in our truck.

I haven't unpacked and cleaned my treasures yet but since I have been MIA in blogland lately, I wanted to get a quick post up.  So here are a couple pictures of mostly my sister's treasures waiting to be loaded.


Some of what she collects are old prints and paintings that she frames herself, cutting her own mats and re-building vintage frames.  The new addition they've added to their house has an arts and crafts feel, so that stain glass window will go in there someplace.  She plans to put grand baby pictures in the windows of the old doll house walls.


The muscle!  That scrolls and leaf iron piece is a newer, something I've had in my house for awhile, that she's bringing home for her daughter to use in her home.


This is the best picture I got of them about to leave.  I told you they left in the wee hours of the morning!

I'm hoping to get all my treasures organized today and tomorrow to show you all in a post but my sister and I were up late last night yakking so I think it's time for a nap.




3 comments:

  1. I hope they have a safe trip and looks like some good finds. so nice to be so close to your sister.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had such a fun visit, it probably went by too fast. Great pictures and great memories. Looking forward to seeing what you scored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great visit, I had a blast at Round Top, it was my first time!
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete