ZUEEUZ.blogspot.com


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

For Vanity's Sake

I am attracted to vintage vanity pieces.  The little gold plated filigree jewelry or trinket boxes, old vanity hand mirrors, hair spray can covers, lip stick stands, and tissue boxes.  Well, I use hankies instead of Kleenex and my Mr. Wonderful uses, (does anyone else have a husband like this?) he uses paper towel.  When my kids get colds I buy a box of lotion tissues or the new anti germ something or other.

What I meant to say is, I don't have a huge use for tissue boxes.  So why do I keep buying them?  So I can turn them into boxes.  I know, how clever, how radicalWhatever!  Here they are.  I just love them, course, I loved them before too, so I might be a little partial.  Hopefully someone out there will love them too.










I also have a thing for crushed velvet.  If lovin' it is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

I'm linking up with  
Kathleen's White Wednesday  




10 comments:

  1. Great idea - and yes I have a hubby like yours .. mine uses paper towels too lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful kleenex boxes with all those great details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! You should do a tutorial. And, my husband uses a napkin..lovely, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, Susanne! They look beautiful! Mine uses paper towels, too... or a napkin, or a tissue... whatever is closest to him at the time... haha! :) ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these!! I have a few of these boxes around and never would have thought of this idea. I love velvet and have a huge stash of old handles too.
    My husband uses hankies (with a monogram) weird, I know! I'll stick with tissues.
    Glad you like my pumpkins. I'm wondering how long they'll last since I sprayed them. Probably not into next year,haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These boxes are wonderful.
    I collect boxes too.
    Thanks for sharing

    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  7. These Kleenex boxes are gorgeous!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments.
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a really nice....I like this boxes...
    thank you so much for sharing....:))
    best regards from croatia:))...
    M..

    ReplyDelete