ZUEEUZ.blogspot.com


Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What's New - White Wednesday


What's new is the music sheets lining the back wall of the cupboard in my front hall.  I just decoupaged the music sheets to craft paper because I didn't want to paste them to the bead board back.  Then stuck them in with painters tape.  This cupboard is my first wood working project from some 15 or so years ago, so I guess I'm  a little sentimental about it.  Sorry, the color is off on these pictures, the walls are actually a golden cream color.


This pair of sweet little vases were collected years apart.  I wonder if there are more out there of similar design, I'd love to find them.  Each is marked "made in Japan", that narrows it down, ha!


This is a little pillow I made with a picture of my Granma in front of the phlox in her garden.  She died over 17 years ago at age 97.  I made the pillow as a challenge by a TV design show I was watching once.  The challenge was to make a pillow using only what you have at home at the time.  The materials are photo transfer paper, fabric remnant, vintage ribbon, vintage zipper, so I can get at the vintage buttons I used as "stuffing" and those are 2 pair of my Granma's clip on crystal earrings at the corners.

The rabbit's foot I just found this morning, forgotten in a shopping bag.  A junk store near my Mom's in Michigan was giving them away free with purchase, too funny.


Here's one of my favorite pictures of my little babies in the back yard of our house when we lived in Minnesota.  Probably the first show of the season.  I'm thinking they're almost 5 and 3 here.  These days they're 21 and 19, doesn't seem that long ago.

I'm linking up with Kathleen's White Wednesday party,
check out all the other lovely whites on her blog, Faded Charm.


2 comments:

  1. Your cupboard came out great! And I love the pillow - very sweet:)
    ~Debra
    Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-
    I love your cupboard and the Granma pillow is amazing.
    I am also a Texas blogger!
    And- I am now a follower-
    Come by if you have time,
    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete