ZUEEUZ.blogspot.com


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Aid - Make it for Monday


Well, I have a creative space because I do consider myself a person who likes to create things but I do not consider myself a person who likes to clean.  Yikes, that's a dirty word!  Oh, I like to collect and organize and collect and rearrange and collect and sort and collect and display and collect.  It's always been much more fun for me to gather supplies.  Unfortunately, all that good junk takes up alot of space.  I've been telling my friends I'm one dead husband way from the hoarder show, meaning that if my Mr. Wonderful didn't come home every night, there would be piles everywhere until the money ran out.
So, anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that I haven't cleaned and straightened up my creative space to show everyone at the  "Where Bloggers Create II" party going on at Karen's blog "My Desert Cottage".  No, no one should be subject to that mess!  Hopefully there will be a number III.  But why start cleaning now, I have plenty of time.

But I do have something I made that I'm excited to share with you.  I think the original idea came from somewhere in Martha Stewart Land.  But I may have also gotten ideas from etsy, from people like this gal's shop Love Nostalgic Whimsy.  If there are no wall suit cases, look in her sold items, totally cute stuff!

This is on the wall in my laundry room, located between my kitchen and garage.  A convenient place for first aid I think.  I gathered the wood box, the vintage first aid sign, the fabric, the tacks, the first aid supplies, like I said I like to gather.  Presto chango! 
A First Aid Station!


I've had the wooden box for awhile.  The pocket is made from a fabric remnant left over from the roman shade on the window, the toile is really more of a blue green than the photo appears.  The one vertical divider is original but I added the horizontal shelves which were plain unfinished pine boards.  I glued fabric on them so I wouldn't have to match the stain plus it adds more color.  With the box on the wall like a cabinet, I have more room to pile good junk on top the dryer.

Some day this room will be painted the same color as the mud room (below) across the hall, a color I call Virgin Mary Blue.   I started collecting these "home" signs but I'm starting to get bored with them.  I think the problem is that I have some that I don't love and they need to go.  I don't have a picture of the cubby side of the mudroom, probably because it was a mess


 

No comments:

Post a Comment